‘Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children is everyone’s responsibility. Everyone who comes into contact with children and their families has a role to play in safeguarding children.
Eskdale School is committed to providing a safe environment in which children can learn. We promote a climate where students and adults feel confident about sharing any concerns which they may have about their own safety or the well-being of others.
We follow the DfE guidance from:
Anyone with any concerns about the welfare of a student MUST report it to our Designated Safeguarding Lead, or if he is not available one of his deputies, as soon as possible by calling 01947 602856 or emailing email@example.com
Paul Dixon Susan Crossland Designated Safeguarding Governor Safeguarding Lead
James Jones Jane Bradley David Rae Deputy Designated Safeguarding Leads
Specific support can also be provided in school by:
· Mrs Bradley - Head of Year 7&8
· Miss Wilson - Pastoral Officer
· Mr Raw - Head of Year 9&11
· Mrs Scales - Head of Year 10&11
If however, you are not happy with the actions of those in school responsible for Safeguarding or you cannot contact anyone please contact North Yorkshire’s Safeguarding Children Partnership. This is a multi-agency single point of contact for all concerns about children and is there to make sure that children receive the right level of support. You can contact them directly for guidance on 01609 535123 for any of the following reasons:
· if you know of a child who may become vulnerable without additional help and support
· if you are worried a child or young person is at risk of, or is being, hurt or abused
· if you want to know about services available to support children and families
For more information on NYSCP visit: www.safeguardingchildren.co.uk